29 August 2011

Stick a fork in me, I'm done!!

Done seeing Dr. K that is.

Today was my 9 week, post-surgery appointment. I knew going in that this was most likely going to be my last appointment and I was mostly right.

I am happy to say he said everything looks great and was actually a little surprised that I'm doing so well considering the relatively short time. I still have to be a wee bit careful in terms of being diligent with my stretching. My Achilles tendon is still healing so I need to watch for any additional pain/discomfort. Otherwise, I'm good to go!

I have a six month follow-up appointment but permission to cancel it if I feel like I don't need to see him again (medically speaking of course).

What does this all mean?

For my own peace of mind, I'm giving myself an extra week for healing (even though I went in feeling fantastic, things are a little tender after Dr. K was poking around on the bottom of my foot) and then I'll start working out. I figure the elliptical is a good place to start and will get me through the winter so in the spring I can start running. I realize it is only the end of August and there are a good two and a half months until the snow starts to fly, but I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my recovery. I've waited way too long to be pain free, so I'm going against my natural tendencies and am going to take this nice and slow. Plus, this will give me some time to work out a plan, set some goals and not over do it so I get discouraged and quit.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...