17 August 2011

Cotton in the Air

I've decided that over the next few weeks, I'm going to share some of my favorite works done by other folks. And by works I mean poems. Writing poetry is my first love (I've even had a few publish---say wha! Awesome) and as I've grown older, I especially come to love spoken word. Hearing someone read their own work breathes a whole new life into it that one doesn't get when you read the words for yourself.

Tonight, I'm going with Cotton in the Air by Derrick Brown. I adore this poem almost as much as I adore the man himself. He has such an amazing ability to weave together words and imagery, I can't help falling in love every time I listen to this piece.


I also had the pleasure of meeting Derrick last fall at a poetry reading where he signed my copy of Scandalabra, which contains his poem about Traverse City!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...