11 March 2012

Sunday Stroll

Admittedly it was a little more than a stroll, but it certainly didn't feel like a calorie burning run through the woods.

I'll be the first to admit that I have been babying my foot/Achilles tendon since my surgery last summer. It's just that I dealt with so much pain and frustration for so long that to now have it be 75% better, I'm terrified something is going to go wrong and I'll be right back to square one. I'm telling ya'll right now, I just can't do it again. Thankfully though, things went quite well this afternoon which may just be the confidence boost I need.

In stark contrast to last weekends bout with Snowmageddon 2012, the weather today is gorgeous. Nearly 60 degrees here with bright blue skies and not a cloud in sight. Combine that with a dog who is busting out of the seams with spring fever and it was the perfect combination to head out for my first run/walk of the spring!

It was fantastic getting back out there again and even though I've had to break out the ice pack for the first time in months, I feel great. Sadie and I did a loop around the (country) block by my families cottage on the lake. The loop is just a bit longer than 2 miles and was the perfect distance for my first real workout in 8 months (like I said.....terrified something is going to go wrong!). We kept a nice, steady pace and did the loop in 38 minutes. It could have been faster but Sadie needed a few bathroom breaks along the way.

As much as I can't WAIT to get out there to do it again, I'm going to "limit" myself to three times a week to get my muscles back into working order. Hopefully this awesome weather stays through the week and Sadie and I can head back out to the lake on Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...