29 June 2012

Vegan Chick-un Salad

On Tuesday, over on Vegan Housewives they posted a recipe for Vegan Chick-un Salad.

Seriously you guys. I was thinking about this for dinner ALL AFTERNOON.

Who cares that I had never made it before! I looked like it was just the recipe to fill a void that has been missing since ditching meat.....I feel like there's a "that's what she said" joke in there somewhere. Keep it clean, kids!

This recipe was really easy to put together. I did modify it a bit from the original mainly because despite having a list with me I still forgot one of the items. Regardless, it turned out amazingly good. This is definitely a recipe that will be used in heavy rotation. 

Vegan Chick-un Salad
Ingredients:

  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 can sweet peas, drained
  • 2 tablespoons Vegenaise
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

In a medium mixing bowl, I used my emulsion blender to smash the chickpeas. Mix in vegenaise, celery and sweet peas. Add salt and pepper to taste.

That's it! So simply yet so delicious! 

For dinner, I had mine spread on sourdough crisp bread with a couple of extra celery stalks on the side. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...