17 June 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Image courtesy of Able & Game



Happy Father's Day to my dad, who is quite frankly the coolest guy I know. 

It's not surprising that some of my favorite memories with my dad have to do with music. Just the two of us, hanging out at concerts taking in the sounds of our (o.k.....o.k....mostly mine) favorite musicians. He gave me an appreciation for how a well played guitar can set the stage for a well placed lyric.

Together we've seen...
*The Ramone: Scary yet awesome
*John Mayer: No matter how many times he tells me he doesn't, I know my dad secretly likes him--the first words out of his mouth when we saw him for the first time were "Damn, that kid can play!". You can't fool me, dad!
*Simon & Garfunkel: No words.
*B. B. King
*Joe Bonamassa
*Arlo Guthrie and the list goes on and on!




But he's also always been there for my brother and I. Listening when we need to talk. Giving advice when we ask for it. He's a been the rock that helped keep our family strong. I love you dad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...