26 May 2012

Running with the Devil


This past week has been exceptionally frustrating.

I should be celebrating finishing the 4th week of the C25k program but instead I am camped out on the couch with what has turned into a wicked cold.

I thankfully managed to squeeze in three runs this past week-Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday. But sadly, two out of three of them were rough! Sunday was great. Tuesday and Wednesday I wanted to quit.

In an attempt to keep myself from becoming too bored with running the same route everyday, I decided to start from my house rather than going out to the cottage. Great idea until I realized that in doing so, I would be running the first half of my route up a stead incline. Exhausting. Add that on top of the pretty nasty cold I developed (I think it started with allergies, but I don't know) and it was a recipe for disaster. I walked more than I feel like I should have. I barely made my daily goal of 2  miles. And am generally feeling like a bit of a failure.

I know the whole "feeling like a failure" bit is a little ridiculous. I can't help it if I'm sick (I totally sound like a dude--not sexy). I'm just frustrated and want to get back out there, which I will hopefully be able to do on Monday.

Before being struck down with this cold, I had set up a couple of challenges for myself. They are all still doable--it's just going to take some work. The plan is to completely the following by June 16:

  • Complete 18 runs
  • Run 30 Miles
I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to complete them. Heck I'm already three runs in so I should do ok! 

I'm also contemplating on doing a running streak. Runners World set forth a challenge to run at least one mile from Memorial Day (5/28) to July 4th. 38 days of running. 38 miles. I think I can do it. It's all hinges on this cold being done and out of my system by then. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...