04 May 2012

Runnin' With The Devil

My first week back to running has come to an end! I think that deserves a double whoop!

Still trying to figure out what to call this series. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!

Here's the recap.....

4.29.2012 C25K W1D1
Not going to sugar coat this one. It kind of sucked, but wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would. I just had to keep reminding myself that it was only day one and that it'll get better over time.

One of the things I really need to work on is how to slow myself down. I have such a burst of energy at the start that I over-do it and am exhausted and can barely make it through some of the last intervals. Again, I'm hoping that this will get better over time.

5.2.2012 C25K W1D2
Holy crap. First of all, never in a million years did I think I would do any kind of running at 6am...that's right....SIX IN THE MORNING. It's just that, I'm not a morning person, at all. I usually rattle of a string of expletives that would make a sailor blush when my alarm clock goes off in the morning so this kind of a big deal.

And the run felt GREAT. I don't know what it was (especially since I was operation on maybe 3 hours of sleep, 4 tops) but I felt good the entire time. I managed to keep a pretty steady pace and not wear myself out too quickly. And at the end, I had this weird little kick of energy where instead of doing a 5 minute cool down walk, I ran it. And I loved every stinkin' minute of it.

5.3.2012 C25K W1D3
Today I learned why it is so important when you are starting off to take a day of rest. I was quite content to come home and hang out with my book until a brief 30 second interaction at the end of my word day sent it into the pooper and all I wanted to do was release some of that work stress and I thought this was going to be perfect. Not so much. I know, I know.....rookie mistake and I'm most likely going to make it again.

From the first step to the last, I just felt off. I felt tired, heavy, had a heck of a time keeping my breathing steady (not making excuses but it was pretty humid today, too so that may have had something to do with it). There were a couple of times I wanted nothing more than to quit, but I pushed through and finished my 30 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...