13 May 2013

Goals Smoals

I really didn't think long and hard today about what I'd like to accomplish this week during the Bout of Books Read-a-thon. Let's be honest.....if I over think things, it isn't going to end well.

Sadly, at 9pm on day one I still haven't committed to what I'm going to read. And I barely know what my goals are going to be. BUT I have a couple so we will go with that and see where it takes us!
Daily Goals: Read for at least an hour a day. That may not seem like much but things have been ridiculously busy around here lately and finding an hour to carve out of my day has been a bit difficult. But this week I'm going to make time to get lost in my book, even if I need to give up some quality time with my Detroit Tigers.

Weekly Goals: Read two books, one from my Netgalley library. My Netgalley sellections are a little out of control. That is what happens when you think your going to be declined but are approved instead. NOT that I am complaining. I have a lot of good selections to choose from. It's just the choosing know that is the problem. Although the choosing part isn't strictly related to those books. I have stacks of them around the house begging to be read. I just need to settle in with one.

Books: The current plan is to read Waiting for Dead Men's Shoes: A Mini Monroe Comic Mystery by Lauren Baratz-Logsted and Riveted by Meljean Brook.

Updates: I'm going to try and do a couple of updates here on the blog during the week, but most of them will be via Goodreads and Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. I've had the same experience with some if the books from Netgalley. I have read a couple though that weren't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on Netgalley. I'm so bad about getting approved... and then not reading the book. That said, a few of the books I WAS approved for, the writing was just.. yeah. Not worth reading. Good luck with your reading btw!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...