12 May 2013

Gettin' My Read On: Bout of Books Style

I am all kinds of behind the eight ball on this one.

In two short hours Bout of Books Read-a-thon 7.0 beings and I haven't even prepared myself for it yet.

What is Bout of Books Read-a-thon you ask? I'll tell you....

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I've participate in the last couple read-a-thons and have had a BLAST. It is such a great way to get your reading kick started. Especially if you are like me and haven't even attempted to pick up a book in weeks. What can I can....I'm fickle.

Now I have the arduous task of selecting the titles I am going to read this week. Heck, I still have the task of setting my goals for the week! But I'll get that sorted out shortly and share my game plan for the read-a-thon here on the blog tomorrow.

Are you participating in the read-a-thon? Have you participated in one before? Any tips and tricks you want to share?

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I've never participated in a read a thon but oh my, it sounds super fun! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my third time around. It is a lot of fun. Hopefully I will succeed this time around and actually reach my reading goals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...