01 January 2012

DIY: Laundry Detergent

First project of the year!!

Kind of.

I actually started making my own laundry detergent a few years ago after a pretty annoying breakout from store bought laundry detergent. I whipped up my latest batch during an episode of Firefly.


The Goods:
  • 2 cups of baking soda
  • 2 cups of Borax
  • 1 bar of Fels-Naptha

I used a kitchen grater (I have one that is strictly used for grating soap) to grate the Fels-Naptha into a bowl before combining with the baking soda and Borax.

Voila! That's it. Three ingredients and you're done.

I only use 1 to 2 tablespoons, per load depending on what I am washing and it works just as well, if not better than what I've purchased in the store.

Happy laundrying! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...