15 August 2012

The More You Know


This "series" has been making its way across the blogosphere. Since I have so many new readers (hello and welcome!! I'm very glad to have you), I thought I'd play along. And it's another opportunity to make a list! Can I get a "whoop! whoop!" on that?

If you really knew me....
  • you'd know I like watermelon flavored candy but hate actual watermelon. It's a texture thing. That and I'm allergic to it, but still, I don't like it.
  • you'd know I'm really not as crabby/bitchy as I can come off. I'm just ridiculously shy and take a bit of time to warm up to people. Once I do though--watch out. I'm quite entertaining.
  • you'd know I hate talking on the phone and will let most calls go to voicemail.
  • you'd know I have a lot of useless information trapped in my head.
  • you'd know that as a teenager my dream was to live in a flat in London with my rock-n-roll boyfriend writing poetry all day and all night.
  • you'd know that I start a lot of DIY projects with good intentions but rarely finish them.
  • you'd know that I am in a constant battle against depression and anxiety. Some days it is so bad I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. Other days I just want to sit in a dark room and cry. 
  • you'd know that I even though I'm not sure it's in the cards for me to be a mom, I have had names picked out for my imaginary kids since I was a kid.
  • you'd know that my decision to start eating a vegetarian diet was easy and is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
  • you'd know my brother constantly refers to me as a Communist. I don't know why though.
  • you'd know that I LOVE thunderstorms. I love standing on the beach and watching them roll in off of Lake Michigan.

2 comments:

  1. I love thunderstorms as well with two exceptions: no power and dogs who howl at the thunder (they're such babies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE talking on the phone too! Also, just wanted to say you are not alone on the depression/anxiety thing. I literally cannot function from day to day without being on medication for those 2 things. I hate the meds- they make me drowsy, etc. but I have no choice. I can definitely sympathize! Hope things get easier for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...