02 September 2012

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.

My apologies if it seems things have been pretty quiet sporadic around these parts. Life has reared its ugly head which has put a few things on hold, to include having anything worth while to say. Or at least giving me enough time to actually put something down on paper. I'm hoping to get back to my regular schedule this next week, but I'm not promising anything.

Here's a a little bit of what has been going on......

Running has been put on hold for a bit. I'm working with my doctor to sort out some pretty scary pain in my hip. Thus far, x-rays have come back normal but I'm still walking like a 90 year old who is waiting for a hip replacement. And on top of that I've been struck down by a ridiculously awful summer cold. I may or may not have declared to be on my death bed a time or two this week. It's not been fun.

This weekend, yesterday actually, I celebrated my first year as a vegetarian! Admittedly it may seem a bit odd to celebrate such a thing, but making the decision to follow a vegetarian (now vegan) diet was one of the best decisions I have made for myself. I'm debating on a full post about it, but I don't know if I want to reveal my crazy "Meat is Murder!!!" side just yet.

The homestretch of the 2012 baseball season has begun! This is when things start to get really exciting with top teams looking to solidify their standing in divisional races. My Detroit Tigers are currently battling it out with the White Sox for first place in the central division of the American League. They are playing an important (i.e. stressful) series this weekend in Detroit. If the Tigers can sweep the White Sox, which they are set up to do tonight (and I've most likely jinxed that, so ya'll can blame me if that doesn't happen), those teams will end the series tied for first place. And can we talk about Oakland for a minute. That team is on FIRE right now. They are on an 8 game winning streak and scored 20 runs against Boston Friday night. Unbelievable.

This weekend I put the finishing touches on my 35 before 35 list. Putting this list together was much harder than I thought it would be. There are a few things on the list that are totally unachievable, but it's cool. Even if I don't finish everything on the list, as long as I at least try to do everything on the list, I'll consider it a win.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...