29 September 2012

Boys of Summer

Thursday, my dad, brother and I made the drive to Detroit to watch the last home game of the regular season at Comerica Park. We've been going to games since I was a kid, making the almost 5 hour drive to Detroit a few times a season to watch the Tigers. This was the first game we've been able to make it recently because of busy schedules, but spending an afternoon with my dad while we watch our favorite baseball team is always worth the trip.

Not only was this game the last home game of the season, it was also the last game of a four games series between the Tigers and the Royals. The Tigers were going for a sweep and also a chance at gaining a half game on the White Sox.

It proved to be a really exciting game. Doug Fister, ( my #2 Tiger) pitched an incredible game, setting a new American League record, striking out 8 consecutive batters. Fielder had a pretty incredible infield double (although he was later quoted as saying "it did get into the outfield a little bit) and Infante finally made a much needed defensive play. The Tigers went on the win the game, 5-4 with a walk off hit by Alex Avila.

As always, I took way too many photographs but I thought I'd share some of my favorites from the day:

Comerica Park
 
     My dad & Brother before the game               Ernie Harwell                                      Sharona
      
Quintin Berry                                             Brayan Villarreal

Luke Putkonen sporting a very stylish Hello, Kitty! backpack
 
Bullpen
 
Doug Fister                                                        Miguel Cabrera
 
Prince Fielder
 
Delmon Young
 
Austin Jackson


Infante, Dirks & Cabrera

A trip to Comerica is incomplete without a visit from the Singing Hotdog Guy
 
American League Central standings at the end of the game

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...