30 September 2012

Sunday Confessions: Glitter, Baseball and Online Dating

Fifty Shades of Glitter: I finished writing my submission for this project this week. I actually wrote two: one that I sent in and one that is still saved on my hard drive. And the more I think about it, the more I kind of wish I hadn't written the first draft (the one I've kept to myself) but I can't take it back now. I didn't expect it to be quite so......what's the word....raw. Not in the "I shared every last bit of detail about the first time I had sex!" kind of way. Meh...that doesn't bother me (it sucked by the way). It's more of how everything leading up to the big event made me feel. How this whole notion that because I wasn't skinny or pretty, I wasn't sexy attractive. I guess I had buried some of those feelings down deeper than I realized and didn't expect them to still sting after all these years. But the second one, the one that was actually sent it, is kind of funny. The humor wasn't intentional, but that's just how my life seems to roll.

Baseball Diamonds are Forever: I finally registered a name for my faux baseball blog! Faux because who knows when or if I'll ever update the dang thing (the thought of trying to write three blogs makes me kind of want to throw up a little). Plus, it's a little cheesy but once again that is just how I seem to roll. But now that it's out there, I get to do the fun part of formatting and designing it and all that jazz. AND I have to figure out what the heck I am going to write about. I can talk baseball until the cows come home, but ask me to write something about it and my head fills with crickets. My goal, though, is to have a post up and ready to go IF the Tigers make the post season. They currently are stressing me out with their inability to win the games they are supposed to be winning. Otherwise, ya'll have to wait until the 2013 season.

Online Dating: I signed up for an online dating site and managed to keep my profile up for a full 24 hours before freaking out and taking it down.....well, it's still there. Just set to private so no one can see it. *sigh* I just don't know. Part of me wants to dive right into the dating arena but another louder part of me is cool with rocking the single lady status forever and ever and ever. It's scary putting yourself out there and as much as I feel like I'm ready, I also feel like I'm not ready. I just wish there was a way to skip over the pesky "do you like me cuz I kind of like you" phase and move onto the good stuff. Since that is obviously not going to happen, I need either get my head in the game or settle in on the bench for an undetermined amount of time.

Blogging: My apologies dear readers. I have been a bad blogger and bad commenter. I assure you though, that I am reading your blogs, reading your comments and appreciating each and everyone one of you.


5 comments:

  1. at least you've sign up and posted your profile, for me, I couldn't even get the nerve to even browse any sites

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read your baseball site because I have no idea how this game works. I am a German married to an American and I am really trying hard to understand Baseball and American Football but it is confusing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Fifty Shades of Glitter confession reminded me that I needed to write mine, so I just sat down and did that... and I feel like I could say the same thing. I feel like I just sort of opened a can of worms within myself. In retrospect, I realize that I really lacked a voice about what I wanted out of my sex life and my relationships... I was just living for everybody else, and I ended up in situations where if I'd been truly honest with myself, didn't want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, what is fifty shades of glitter? I'm so out of the loop.
    Anyway, thanks for linking up, and I'm so sorry that I'm just now getting around to reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many online dating services require that you divulge certain information before you can be signed up as a member. Make sure that whatever information you supply any online dating website "Dejtingsajt" is true because the website owners will run a background check on you to confirm the information. If any online dating agency is able to prove that you fibbed about yourself, you will be barred from using their services. Learn about More about Sex Romans

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...