27 December 2011

Read All About It

Since we are a mere 4 days away from the start of the new year, I thought it would be an appropriate time to start my list of books to read in 2012. It's quite the random collection of subjects and themes, but I like to keep things interesting. The ever growing and changing list can be found here: Reading List 2012. I'll be updating it as the year progresses with new books I've either stumbled upon or that friends have suggested I read, but for now, here is the short list:
  • Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin: Funny thing about this one is that until about 20 minutes ago, I kept calling it Game of Thornes, not Game of Thrones. Whoops. I have actually tried reading this book already, but maybe made it through two chapters. I have friends who have done nothing but rave about this book and the rest of the series so I am willing to give it another try. Worst case scenario is that is puts into a deep slumber (again) for a wonderful night of sleep. 
  • Child Thief by Brom: The description of the book makes it sound like this might be a slightly sadistic version of Peter Pan. Not going to lie, a little freaked out by that notion but intriged enough to want to read it. 
  • Reality Hunger by David Shields: I can't lie. I know absolutely nothing about this book. My pretend author boyfriend suggested it at an event I attend this fall so it's on the list. 
  • Artemis Fowl Series Books 3-7 by Eoin Colfer: I read book 1, aptly named Artemis Fowl on a whim and loved it. I completely agree with one review of the book that says "The author has let his imagination run riot by combining folklore, fantasy, and a fistful of high-tech funk in an outrageously devilish book that could well do for fairies what Harry Potter has done for wizardry." 
  • The Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness: This book keeps popping up in my Goodreads feed from friends who have read it and loved it. It's time to give it a chance myself. This is definitely a book I am looking forward to reading. 
  • Dark World by Zak Bagans and Kelly Crigger: What can I say...I love ghosts, Ghosts Adventures and there is something just dorky enough about him for me to kind of love Zak Bagans. No judging allowed on this one, peanut gallery.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for reading!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...