29 December 2011

Bird Nest Necklace

One of my non-New Year Resolution is to be a little more frugal with my money, which means having to cut back on buying all the pretty things that Etsy has to offer.

Over the past few months, I have seen a number of variations of the bird nest necklace pop up on Etsy and thought they were really cute. And then earlier this week a friend posted a pin on Pinterest (I'm sure you're all shocked to read that Pinterest is involved in this project) on how to one of these necklaces. It seemed simple enough, so I decided to give it a try.

I have to admit that I underestimated how annoying working with wire can be (or it could be that I shouldn't attempt to make things at 10 o'clock at night), but for my first time out, I'm pretty happy with my pendant. And I only wounded myself once so that's a major miracle in itself, but I digress. I think with a little practice and possibly some bigger beads, this is going to be a project I am really going to love and can see myself making over and over.

Here is a link to Sara Ortega's website and the tutorial for the necklace: DIY Bird Nest Necklace

Happy crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...