08 September 2011

Adieu la Viande

My first week of being meat free has come and gone and I have to say--it's been quite a success.

Thankfully I didn't eat much meat to begin with, so the transition hasn't been so terrible. The biggest struggle is figuring out lunches, but like I said, it's not been bad. I've even come to the conclusion that it's time to cut out all dairy from my diet as well. One would think that would have been a given and something I'd done a long time ago considering my allergies, but no such luck there. I love cheese too much. But, it really needs to be done and now is the time to do it.

So why all of a sudden the decision to make all these changes?

So many reasons. So little time.

Just kidding. There is only one reason. I've been reading loads of books and articles and watching documentary after documentary on the subject and they've all essentially lead to the same conclusion which I think we all already knew--it's a healthier way to live.

Plus, there is the potential to control my depression and PCOS WITHOUT MEDICATION! That's so huge on so many levels. And believe me, I know it's a bit of a long shot for both of them and no matter much people make fun of me for making this decision (seriously--what is up with that? It is so unbelievably annoying), I'm totally willing to give it a shot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...