29 July 2013

Music Monday: J. J. Cale

Matt Nathanson summed things up pretty well this weekend when he tweeted:
I don't remember falling in love with J. J. Cale's music. Like most of the musicians I have admired since I was kid, it has felt like their music has always been part of the soundtrack to my life.

I will always regret that I never saw Cale perform live but the beauty of his music is that a piece of him will be around forever.

Anyway the Wind Blows

Cocaine


After Midnight & Call Me The Breeze


And my personal favorite, It's Easy


R.I.P. JJ Cale.

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Micah @ Unabashedly MeJuly 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM

    I thought Matt tweeted that about Kidd Kraddick. But if it was about J.J. Cale, then that still makes sense. Either way, he's absolutely right. Then again, it's Matty. And Matty says a lot of right things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure who he was talking about, it was more the sentiment behind the words that struck me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...