17 January 2013

Life Lately

Oiy vey....it feels good to be somewhat back among the living. I've been battling the plague cold from hell the last week and a half and am finally beginning to feel human again.

Even with the cold though, lately I've been......

Reading: My "to-read" list has once again grown out of control. I should never, I repeat NEVER be allowed to shop for books without a preset spending limit, even with gift cards are involved. Recent purchases include:

Others not pictured include Sharp Objects * The Skeleton Box * Various ebooks for my Kindle.

Celebrating: Yesterday was Sadie's 15th birthday. She celebrated her big day with her favorite meal of ground beef and rice. Indulged in a few extra snacks. And ran around the back yard taunting a field mouse that she somehow managed to catch (RIP little mouse). Never would I have imagined when I adopted her when she was 8 would she still be around so many years later (she was not the healthiest of dogs back then) but I'm very glad she is. She is the best dog a girl could ask for. Even if she is anti-camera unless you give her a quite a few snacks for standing still for any period of time.




Hooking: I am merrily making my way through my 365 crocheting project as well as a few other crochet related projects. The first afghan I am working on is for my mom. The plan was to give it to her for Christmas but I have a feeling she'll be receiving it a lot sooner than that. I'm going to be too excited to hold onto it until December once it is done!

I've also been making a bunch of winter hats. It's been a great way to practice different stitches and to work with different types of yarn. Plus, they've been extremely popular with friends so it's been nice to be able to do something for someone else!


Watching: Because I've been sick, I've been watching a lot more "tv" than normal. I've been completely obsessed with British crime dramas. I don't know why they are so much better than American crime dramas, but they are. They just are. So far I've made my way through Whitechapel and Sherlock (ok so I've watched it before but good grief I think Benedict Cumberbatch is delightful) and am currently making my way through Wallander.


1 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better. But at least when you're sick no one is going to give you grief for watching Sherlock again (again!)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...