20 April 2013

(Not) Running with the Devil

My first week of physical therapy has come to a close and I have come to the following conclusion:

It's frustrating, ya'll!

In fact, I've made two lists (a pros list and a cons list) to remind myself why I am doing this:

Pros of Physical Therapy

  1. I'm learning a lot of information about the mechanics of running which will help me in the long run.
  2. I'm learning new stretches to help avoid further injury.
  3. Some of the new stretches are helping to get to the "deep space" of the muscle that I've previously never been able to sort out on my own.
  4. Per my psychical therapist, "By the time we are done with our last session, you will be on your way to being the ultimate cross-trainer". Hooray?!
  5. By the time I finish with physical therapy, my hip (in theory) will be pain-free!
  6. I get to have ultrasound treatments on my right hip which are brilliant--seriously, its like a mini massage multiple times a week. 
Cons of Physical Therapy
  1. No running.
  2. No running. 
  3. No running.

I know I shouldn't complain. It's only a month. And in the grand scheme of all things related to running this week, this is barely a blip on the "sucks list", but I just want to get back out there!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...