08 April 2013

Music Monday: Motivation

Music Monday is typically my favorite post of the week because I get to share some of the tunes I have been obsessed with over the past week. This week I have been flip-flopping between two playlists: the list of sad songs which is matching my wounded heart and the list of bass thumping upbeat songs I've been running to.

Since I'm not quite ready to give my wounded heart a voice, I thought I'd share some of the songs on my running playlist. Sometimes I think these songs are the only things that I get me out of bed and into my running shoes in the morning.

Boom Boom by Sam & the Womp

Faster by Matt Nathanson


Who Did You Think I Was by John Mayer Trio


Till I Collapse by Eminem feat. Nate Dogg


What songs do you listen to when you run, workout or just need some plain 'ole motivation?

3 comments:

  1. Great running songs! My go to running song is Hands in the Air by Timbaland, from the Step Up soundtrack. One day I played that for like 2 miles straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boom boom vid is fun, and I think addictive.

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my current running soundtrack. I'll share the list with you:

    "I'm Your Baby Tonight" - Whitney Houston
    "Bellas Finals" - from Pitch Perfect
    "Womanizer" - Britney
    "Good Girl" - Carrie Underwood
    "Holding Me Down" - Curtis Peoples
    "Living in the Afterlife" - Eric Hutchinson
    "My Favorite" - Gabe Dixon
    "Work That Body" - Josh Hoge
    "Brokenhearted" - Karmin
    "Stronger" - Kelly Clarkson
    "Don't Come Easy" - Matt Wertz
    "Mama's Broken Heart" - Miranda Lambert
    "Remix (I Like The)" - NKOTB
    "What Makes You Beautiful" - One Direction
    "London" - Tim Stop
    "The First Day" - Todd Carey
    "Freedom" - Tyrone Wells
    "Friday is Forever" - We The Kings

    The Todd Carey and Josh Hoge songs are STAPLES in my running list. They've been on there since I started running. I also really like the tempo of Tim's song.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...