21 October 2012

Sunday Confessions: A Dude. A Hoard. Writing. Photography

A Dude: This has the potential to be super awkward, but it's cool. Awkward is kind of my middle name. I kind of met someone and I kind of fancy him. Like a lot. It's a damn giggle fest every time my phone dings and I have a text from him. And when we make plans to hang out--I can't wipe the grin off my face. It is completely ridiculous  but I am most definitely not complaining. I really like spending time with him. But there is a problem: this whole thing scares the crap out of me.  Mostly because I don't know if he feels the same way but also because I don't know what the hell I am doing. I'm like a damn fish out of water. It's really easy to be alone and not open yourself up to someone, to let things get personal/intimate. I'm great at the friend thing and he is the first person in a long time that I don't want to just be friends with--if you know what I mean. I can imagine him sitting in front of his computer right now reading this, having one of two reactions--He's either scowling at it wondering why I can't just say any of that to him when we hang out (the answer: I will turn 20 shades of red, giggle my way through it and end up not making any sense) or he's scowling at it, shaking his head and trying to figure out how to end it. 

Hoarding: A couple weeks ago I mentioned a slight addiction to Old Navy and books. I think I should just go ahead and admit that it's worse than that. I joke with friends all the time that I am one emotional event from becoming a hoarder. After digging through piles of clothes to donate, I'm not so sure it is really a joke anymore. I have got to downsize. It just might not be until next week or so.....

Writing: NaNoWriMo is a mere 10 days away. I kind of what to participate again, but I also know that it is very unlikely that I'll be able to complete the 50,000 word goal. November is the worst month of the year in my (work) world and as much as I want to get my creative writing on, I'm not sure I want to set myself up for that kind of failure right from the word go. Of course, knowing me I'll be posting how excited I am that I've already outlined a story for the project. 

Photographically Speaking: I miss my camera. I go through these weird phases where it seems like no matter what I try to photograph or how I try to photograph it, it never works out. I'm in one of those phases right now and it's really frustrating and annoying. Normally, when I get in one of these "funks", I'll try starting some sort of project so I may need to think about doing just that. 


2 comments:

  1. I really want to get a good camera, my iPhone just isn't working out anymore. However its not really practical for my life and I can't afford the one I want...maybe after xmas!

    Good luck with the Dude. I have been living with this friend/unrequited love thing for about a year and although it's not what I want it still makes me happy to at least have someone to care about like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could take NaNoWriMo off work so that I could participate, because it sounds like a total blast. I just know that I don't have the time to dedicate to it, which is a shame. Good luck with it - I love that you already have a plan outlined!!!

    Good luck with the man friend. :)

    Thanks for linking up, sorry I'm just now visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...