14 July 2011

Concert High

Last night was a great night of live music.

My parents and I headed to Interlochen to see Amos Lee and Lucinda Williams. I'm not going to lie. The main reason I wanted to go was to see Amos Lee. I've been a fan of his for a long time, but for whatever reason have never seen him perform live. It was well worth the wait.

Amos has an incredible voice and lyrically, makes me weak in the knees. His setlist consisted of songs mainly from his new album Mission Bell, but the highlight of the set for me were two songs not found on that album: Truth and Arms of a Woman. Such good stuff.

Lucinda Williams set was good as well. It was a good combination of old and new songs. Musically she sounded just like she does on her albums, just a little more rough--but in a good way. I'm not sure I would want to see her again, but I'm glad I'm able to say that I have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...