12 January 2014

Sunday Confessions

Bangs // Deciding whether or not to cut your own bangs can be a risky decision. It's either going to turn out fantastically or you will be experiment on new ways to pin them back until they grow out again. Depending on my anger/frustration level at the time I decide to take a hack at my own hair, I've experienced both. But the one constant that happens regardless of whether or not the bangs "look good" is that I inevitably end up looking younger than I really am. "Why would that be a problem?" you may be asking. Well, I'm in my mid-ish thirties, not my early/mid twenties like everyone already thinks I am so looking younger is not really a priority for me right now.

Girls Night // Last night a couple of friends and I headed out to one of my favorite restaurants followed by what is quickly becoming a favorite local brewery for some good food, good drinks but great company. I need to start making an effort to have more of these. It is so easy to play hermit, especially when it is grey and gloomy and cold and wet all the time. Getting out and spending time with my friends definitely helps to alleviate some of that. Plus, we always have fun and provide entertainment for those who are lucky enough to be graced with our presence.

Stuart Smalley // I've been having a lot of Stuart Smalley moments lately. Reminding myself that yes I am good enough, smart enough and gosh darnit people like me. Even when sometimes it feels like I'm throwing punches under water, barely keeping my head above water.
Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...