07 March 2013

No Stress Bookclub: On Repeat

I must confess, I marvel at the idea that folks can read the same book multiple time. My friend Jen does this all the time. I don't know how she does it. Usually by halfway the second time through the book I'm bored and ready to move on.

There is, however, one book that is the exception (isn't there always an exception to the rule?).....

Pretty Little Mistakes by Heather McElhatton

Description via Goodreads: There are hundreds of lives sown inside Pretty Little Mistakes, Heather McElhatton's singularly spectacular, breathtakingly unique novel that has more than 150 possible endings. You may end up in an opulent mansion or homeless down by the river; happily married with your own corporation or alone and pecked to death by ducks in London; a Zen master in Japan or morbidly obese in a trailer park. Is it destiny or decision that controls our fate? You can't change your past and start over from scratch in real life--but in Pretty Little Mistakes, you can! But be warned, choose wisely.

This may be cheating a bit, but who didn't love choose your own adventure novels as a kid? Trust me, it's even better as an adult.

I love this book. I have lost track of how many times I have gone through this book. It is such a good time. some of the twists and turns the stories take are absolutely ridiculous but 9 times out of 10 I end up laughing at the predicaments I find myself in. Let's just say, this book has taught me that I'm not very good at making decisions.


Bassability No Stress Book Club

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...