11 March 2013

Music Monday: Ear Worms

Ear worm (n)
Definition courtesy of Urban Dictionary: Most likely originated around the time of Hanson's "Mmmbop"; an ear worm refers to any song that is so catchy, and at the same time extremely annoying, that it feels like a worm has crawled into your ear and eaten the intelligent parts of your brain so that you hum the song all day long, no matter how much you hate it. 

This happens to me all the time. I hear a bit of a song and then BAM! It's stuck in my head and I'm humming it (or part of it) all day long.

Over the last couple of weeks, the following songs have been ones I've been singing to myself none stop.

Thrift Shop: I will admit, musically this song is pretty catchy. So much so that I've dumped my Sherlock Holmes ringtone for it. Don't be judgy. It makes me want to get up and dance every time someone calls me.

Informer: One of my bar tricks is that I can "rap" along with this song. Word for word. It's all kind of awesome.

Am I a Muppet or a Man: I watched The Muppets last weekend and then proceeded to sing this song for a week. It's super catchy.

4 comments:

  1. Lol at the Informer... old school!

    Closer by Tegan & Sara has been my ear worm lately. And a bunch of kindergarten songs that we won't get stuck in my head again this week, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, even reading the word 'Mmmbop' has put the song in my head. Thrift shop has been brightening my running this week. I love it when he says nogin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I was just thinking I needed a new ring tone...hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Informer is MY rap-along song! Must be a "Meg" thing...!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...