21 February 2013

The Project that Wasn't

Do ya'll ever have those days where nothing goes quite like it is supposed to?

That is how today went which kind of makes it the perfect day to just admit failure. Defeat if you will in my attempt at completing my Daily Square Project.

Believe me when I say I tried and boy did I try but it just wasn't happening. The more I learn about crocheting and discovering new patterns and projects I want to try, the project just became too much. It was turning into a burden rather than fun so I'm ditching it. And I'm not feeling the least bit bad about it.

I'll eventually pick up where I left off with my moms afghan and will also work on a granny square blanket for myself, but for now now if I don't have to make another granny square for a bit I'll be quite happy.

And that brings us to the next project of failure.....my 365 Days project that I have been quietly completing over on Flickr. I think I hate this project even more than the granny square project. I don't get it. I completed two non-self portrait projects back to back, 2009 and 2010 and LOVED IT. Ok so not like every single minute of it, but didn't HATE it enough to bail. This time though, just like the last two....it's not going to happen. I'm done. Tossing in the towel. Kicking it to the curb because let's be honest, life is too short to be doing something you don't want to do, even if it's as trivial as a photo a day project of my face. I have however been toying around with starting a non-self portrait project to help aquatint myself with my new camera but that is still undecided as of now. If I do decide to do it, my OCD won't let me start until March 1 so I have a few days decide.

So that's where I'm at. Embracing a shitty day to its fullest.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bottle of my favorite wine and a movie calling my name.


2 comments:

  1. As much as I love the idea of 365 projects, I've just come to realize that for myself... They're just too much. There's just too much pressure there to complete something everyday, and I end up resenting it instead of loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. The only challenge I set for myself lately was to post once a day on my blog, and well, that was a big FAIL! But that's okay, because life got in my way, and I'd rather live life than try to make up blog topics, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...