02 December 2013

Music Monday: Saints of Valory

I'm not typically a fan of covers. It is one of the reasons I dislike shows like American Idol, The Voice, etc. I don't want to know how well folks can sing other peoples songs. I want to know how well they sing their own songs. Music snobbery at its finest.

But best of all I'm going to throw all of the above out the window for today's Music Monday post.

I saw Saints of Valory this summer when they opened for Michael Franti & Spearhead in Grand Rapids. There were quite a bit of fun live and were a great primer for Spearhead. I dug their set so much, I ended up downloading their newest ep, Possibilities before leaving the venue.

They didn't do this version of Lorde's song "Royals" at the show I was at, but it's a great version of the song. I actually think I might this better than the original.




Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...