16 October 2011

The Week In Review........

  • It was not the way I wanted to celebrate my birthday last night, but I shall be the better person and congratulate the Texas Rangers in their win against the Tigers in Game 6 of the ALCS. With the exception of last nights game, it really was a great series of some well played baseball by both teams.
  • Speaking of my birthday, I was overwhelmed by all the well wishes from friends and family. It was greatly appreciated! 
  • In most of the "So you want to be a vegetarian" books there has been a section devoted to over coming "the wall" that a lot of folks hit somewhere between 45 and 60 days. That wall is currently starting me in the face. I love that I am feeling MUCH better (I'm sleeping like a dream, my stomach problems are nearly non-existent and some of the symptoms from my PCOS are already starting to lessen) but I'm so over the nightly struggle to figure out what to make for dinner and lunches have been a NIGHTMARE (I love me some potatoes but I'm going to turn into one if I'm not careful). I mean, I've been doing a lot of experimenting and trying new things (I made a stew with parsnips and rutabaga this weekend for the first time!) which is fine, but there is always this little nagging voice in the back of my head warning me that it might taste like poo (kind of like the lunch "meat" I purchased last weekend---gnawing on a piece of cardboard should give the same results) and that it would be much easier to run to the store and pick up a package of chicken breasts to have with my salad. But easier isn't always better nor is it healthier, so I'm going to keep plugging away eating my kale and tofu, knowing that what doesn't kill me will make my stronger. I suppose in this case that would literally be true. 
  • Friday at her annual vet check up, it was discovered Sadie has a too-mah which will need to be removed. Surgery/day at the doggy spa in 2 weeks. 
  • That's really all I've got for the week. I just don't like leaving lists with less than five items. It's an OCD thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...