31 October 2011

Bring it November!

Tomorrow is the big day. The start of NaNoWriMo 2011 and I can't wait!

Last was my first attempt at the challenge and I fell short. Way short. Approximately 33000 words short of the 50000 word goal. But this year I'm am going to finish.

Of course finishing the project might be a little easier if I actually had a plan in terms of what I am going to write. I've had a story bouncing around in my head for a few months now that I had originally thought would be used for this project. I feel like it is time to commit it to paper and now would be the perfect time to do just that. It's a fluffy romantic comedy  where undoubtedly the girl ends up with the guy. A real "this'll never happen in real life" fiction piece. But then there is this other story I have in my head--decidedly darker, a little scarier, a little more closer to real life. I'm just not sure I'm sold on the idea of of spending a month of my life forcing myself into some dark places and facing some demons from my past.

As with most things these days, I'll most likely wing it and it'll end up being a combination of the two stories which will be hashed out when I sit down tomorrow evening to get things started.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...